Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Wednesday Search Challenge (June 29, 2011): How many furlongs is Galloping Gertie?

 I haven't been posting much this week because I've been at a conference in Philadelphia. (So look for a Search Challenge about Philadelphia next week!)


The conference I'm at is the ISTE conference, a fairly large (say, ~15K people) that all about teaching people how to think about science and technology.  (Okay, it's really about teaching people everything, but there's a strong science/technology/math, aka STEM, focus.)  


Google has a large booth here, and I'm interviewing teachers and technology coordinators about how they teach students to search and what problems arise in how kids learn how to do research.  More on that later as well.  


But it's Wednesday, and I wanted to give you a Search Challenge... but today is ALSO the day when we have a Google home page promotion for AGoogleADay... so I'm going to point you to that problem for today.  I'll still write up the answer tomorrow, but if you would, for today's puzzle, please click on the following link:


         visit AGoogleADay.com for today's Search Challenge

Tomorrow will be a lovely, quiet day.  More thoughts about the ISTE conference (and a a discussion of the answer) tomorrow.

Search on!

No comments:

Post a Comment