Friday, February 17, 2012

A small post today...  Just two tips that I've found handy that I know many people don't know about.

[1] How to remove formatting when copy/pasting.
There are many ways to do this, but the simplest way I know is to paste into a Chrome text field (e.g., in a Google Doc) by using CONTROL+SHIFT+V  -- this will remove whatever RTF or HTML formatting that might be clinging to your copied text and paste just the plain-text.  Very handy.  

[2] You can now get emails of SearchReSearch in your mail. 
Yeah, I finally added the "Follow by email" gadget to the layout.  It's in the upper right corner.  You can put your email address there, and whenever I push out a post, you'll get it in your mail.  Woot!  



1 comment:

  1. Great tips thanks Daniel, I've just used no.1 to create a document and it saved me hours!

    ReplyDelete