Thursday, May 24, 2018

SearchResearch -- Delay of game for 2 weeks


Normally... 

... we'd have a SearchResearch Challenge this week.  BUT... as you know, I'm working on a book about the SearchResearch experience.  It's not about SearchResearch per se, but about what we learn here--how to frame questions and how to use our research skills to answer those questions.  

Well, the update is that I'm nearing the end of Draft 1.  So, for the next 7 days, I'm working on a deadline to get everything done and turned in for first round of editing.  

This has been a tremendously exciting project, and I hope you'll all recognize some of the chapters!  Our blog has been incredibly influential, and as I'm wrapping up the first round of writing, I'm constantly re-finding ideas that we've shared over the past few years--and I appreciate all of your comments.  Thanks for all the ideas and support over the past 8 years!

(Yes, SRS started in May of 2010 with 1032 posts and 2.995M reads.)

PowerSearchingWithGoogle.com logo--almost 4M students have taken the class.
PowerSearching SearchResearch for all!  

So I'm going to take this week off and give you an update next Wednesday.  (But I'll be working harder than ever on SRS!)  

Don't go away.  I'll keep updating you with progress as the book goes forward... and there will be another Challenge next week.  

In the meantime, Keep Searching! 

-- Dan 




1 comment:

  1. Dedication: To the Ether - where Dragons, Unicorns, and Search frolic and move about freely…?
    Preface: …well, back in the qualified beginning…
    December 2, 1998
    Chapter One
    …good luck with those fingertip blisters and your new best friend/nemesis - the Red Pencil - oder der rote Stift.
    will there be a screenplay? — Searchless in Seattle… clueless elsewhere…
    SwissG
    …can one's g⚆⚆gle become rusty? is there such a thing as sRs withdrawal?

    ReplyDelete