Let's think about this some more...
This is such a rich topic that I'm going to break my answer up into multiple posts. Here's the first with the simplest way to use Wikidata.
1. Can you find a way to identify other major works of fiction (leaving out fan-fiction for the moment) in which the names of "Starbuck" and "Queequeg" appear (either independently or together)?
As I mentioned, there's in an entire Wikidata collection underneath Wikipedia. Of course, the easiest way to get to the things we care about is by a direct query:
[ wikidata Starbuck -Starbucks ]
which gives 60 results in Wikidata that have different versions of the term "Starbuck." (Note that I used the minus operator, -Starbucks, to get rid of all the hits with "Starbucks" in the results.)
As you can see, there are a lot of results here for "Starbuck" as a place, a person's name, and so on. But the most interesting result here is the one that says "Wikipedia(20 entries)."
- Starbuck, a character in the novel Moby-Dick
- Starbuck, a character in Fire Bringer (a YA fantasy novel)
- Starbuck, a character in The Rainmaker (a play from 1954) by N. Richard Nash, later made into a movie
- Starbuck, a character in the 1956 film adaptation, The Rainmaker
- Starbuck, a character in The Snow Queen by Joan D. Vinge
- Lieutenant Starbuck, a character in the 1978 Battlestar Galactica film and television series
- Kara Thrace or "Starbuck", a character in the 2004 Battlestar Galactica television series (note that this is a DIFFERENT character from the 1978 series... should it really count?)
- Dana Scully, or "Starbuck" as she was nicknamed by her father, from The X-Files TV series
- Starbuck (film), a 2011 Canadian comedy
- J.J. Starbuck, a US crime drama series from 1987
- Starbuck, a Belgian comic series created by author Philippe Foerster
- Starbuck, a Canadian film ( 2011 ) directed by Ken Scott and starring Patrick Huard
- The Starbuck Chronicles - a series of historical novels by Bernard Cornwell
- Elon Cody Starbuck , character from Howard Chaykin's comic book Star Reach
- Walter F. Starbuck is a character in Kurt Vonnegut 's novel Jailbird