Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Wednesday Search Challenge (August 3, 2011): What do YOU find difficult?

I'm actually going on vacation for the next couple of weeks, so I'll be posting a bit more slowly than usual as I travel through a world with intermittent or completely lacking of internet connections. 


And so I want to post a Search Challenge for YOU to answer over the next week.  (I will be checking in to moderate the discussion....)  


One of the key questions I have in this work is what are difficult areas to search?  


We already know that some domains or topics are tough.  Medical search, especially for chronic conditions that require long-term care and management, are difficult topics. 


We know that searching for travel plans (especially when you coordinate flights, hotels, special deals, meetings with friends...) is tough.  


I'm curious about what YOU find difficult to search out!  Are you an antique-collector?  Do you do extensive research into your genealogy and find that painful? 


I want to know your pain points, what difficult for you to seek out on the web.  And if you can, give us a quick analysis about why it seems so hard.  (Is it just that there's no good content out there?  Or is it not indexed correctly, or... what?) 


Looking forward to YOUR search challenges!  

1 comment:

  1. digging my huge social network discussions, everything that goes only through facebook, google+, or twitter gets lost after a week. I have to mark the important stuff in blog posts or bookmarks... but not always i know in advance what will be important.

    ReplyDelete